- Interactive Data Visualization of Geospatial Data using D3.js, DC.js, Leaflet.js and Python // Adil Moujahid // Data Analytics and more –
- Ao –
- PHP – The Wrong Way – In the world of PHP programming a set of trends are massively being propagated by some people (in their books and on websites) as “Modern PHP” while all other approaches are frowned upon as backwards, stupid, or just plain wrong.
These people seem to work tirelessly at getting other people to follow their way of doing things.
This website has been created in an attempt to present a pragmatic view on PHP programming. A view dictated by experience and practical consequence rather than popular trends, theory, or academic dogma.
The website PHP – The Wrong Way is a living document and will continue to be updated with more information as it become available.
Feel free to contribute.
The danger of extremism
One problem with programming rules and guidelines is that they often only serve a purpose within a specific context. Taken out of context a good rule can become a horrible rule. In fact, every good rule becomes bad when taken to the extreme.
This is important to understand because many of the software development principles and rules developed over time and presented by many different people often become misused in the hands of extremists.
Experience has taught that misuse of general rules and guidelines always result in complication, lack of security, error prone results, and in some cases complete and utter disaster.
The KISS principle, wh
These are my links for March 4th through March 5th:
- lasagna bolognese | smitten kitchen –
- two paths, one peak: a view from below on high-performance language implementations — wingolog –
- What’s in a Build Tool? –
- Index of / –
- Top 10 Fundamental Bodyweight Exercises – GMB Fitness –
- Python Serialization Performance – Kurt Spindler’s Blog –
- What Does a Parrot Know About PTSD? – The New York Times –
- picrin-scheme/picrin: lightweight scheme interpreter –
- Welcome to CS 61AS! –
- Home | Truth in Olive Oil – Olive oil is a supremely healthy food. Olive oil is 98% fat. Many people find these two statements mutually exclusive. Still under the spell of the anti-fat propaganda that filled our food airwaves and dominated the nutritional discussion in the 1980s and
- Removing Referral Spam from Google Analytics | Viget –