- Never accept a counter-offer – Vardan Torosyan’s Blog –
- Postgres full-text search is Good Enough (2015) | Hacker News –
- Ask HN: How do you get people to use your product when you suck at networking? | Hacker News –
- Excerpts from Digital Restoration, First Edition –
- Photos Restored Digitally by Ctein –
- Writing For Half-Life – Marc Laidlaw – PREFACE: Another file from the same disk with the Nihilanth sketches, this one, if it is to believed, written the day after we shipped Half-Life. I do believe it because the file’s creation date is indeed November 9, 1998, and I am not l33t enough to know how to fake that sort of thing. The title of this file was “CGDCTALK” but I don’t remember ever giving a talk anywhere until years later, after the success of HL2. It might have been published somewhere (perhaps near Geoff Keighley’s piece on The Last Hours of Half-Life), but if so it was probably edited, and there might be some value in the unedited braindump. If this was indeed written right as we shipped the game, then I would not be surprised if it conflicts with things I’ve said in decades since. But the guy writing this little article was there, and his memory is much better than the old guy writing this preface, so I’d be inclined to believe him over me.
- The Half Life Saga Story Guide –
- GitHub – Gargron/mastodon: A GNU Social-compatible microblogging server –